Rules and Regulations
- The Society shall be called the “Royal Air Force Golfing Society”
- There shall be a Patron, a President and such numbers of Vice Presidents as may be elected at General Meetings.
- Full membership of the Society is open to all serving and retired members of the Royal Air Force, the Womens Royal Air Force and Princess Mary’s Royal Air Force Nursing Service. Any member who holds a Professional Golf status or assistant and competes in Society events must play off a handicap of +4 or +2 respectively.
- The affairs of the Society shall be managed by the committee of nine members who will be elected at Annual General Meetings. The Chairman will be elected annually by the Committee, and will serve for the ensuing year. The Chairman will have the casting vote in the event of a tie or any motion debated by the Committee.
- The Hon Secretary, who combines the office of Hon Treasurer, is appointed by the Committee.
- Three members of the Committee shall retire each year, but shall be eligible for re-election.
- The Chairman of the Committee is empowered to invite the Chairman of the Royal Air Force Golf Association to become an ex-officio member of the Society Committee but this does not preclude his election in the normal way.
- Any vacancy on the Committee may be filled temporarily by the Committee.
- The date and venue for the Annual General Meetings shall be decided at the preceding Annual General Meeting.
- Any member who wishes to raise any matter for discussion at the Annual General Meeting including nominations for the Committee must submit his proposals in writing to the Secretary at least 30 days before the meeting.
- Any Special General Meetings will be summoned by the Secretary at any time on the request of the Committee, or by at least 20% of the members of the Society, and 30 days notice shall be given of such a Meeting.
- The rules of the Society may be added or altered at any Annual General Meeting or at any Special General Meeting.
- The annual subscription is £20 payable by Banker’s Order on 1st January. The amount to pay will be determined by the Committee and confirmed at the Annual General Meeting. Those members who were over 55 years on 1st March 1973 and elected at that time to pay £1 may continue to pay at this reduced subscription.
- The principal Meeting of the society is the Championship Meeting at will be decided the Society Champion. The Championship is not open to Professional Golfers or assistants.
- All competitions arranged by the society shall be played under the “Rules of Golf” adopted by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, subject to the local rules of the course on which the competition is being played. There is a handicap limit of 21 for all Society competitions except for those members over the age of 65 who may play off their current club handicap.
- The decision of the Committee of the Royal Air Force Golfing Society shall be final on any point arising out of competitions played under the auspices of the Royal Air Force Golfing Society.
- Affiliated membership is open to serving ladies and to husbands, wives, partners, brothers, sisters, parents and children of Full Members.
- Affiliated Members may participate in Society Meetings, except the Championship Meeting, subject to available space, but are ineligible to win any trophies, with the exceptions that ladies may compete for the Ladies Cup at the Summer Meeting and Affiliated Members may compete for the Sassoon Cups at the Summer Meeting.
- The subscription of £5 is payable by Banker’s order annually on 1st January.